A Filipino VSO volunteer's journey to the "Land of Thirteen Months of Sunshine".

Ethiopia . . . . . . . Philippines

"The drums of Africa have summoned me, and I will not rest until I know in my heart what the beautiful drumbeats mean."

---Reiza S. Dejito

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Talk About Privacy

I've received a handful of e-mails asking me if I had already flown to Ethiopia since I have not updated my blog.

Nope. I'm still in the Philippines. I'm in my hometown in Negros Oriental, spending some time with my family. Unfortunately, I don't have an Internet connection at home, and I had to brave the noise and prying eyes of the people in a small Internet cafe. The word "privacy", I presume, is alien to some of these people. As I am typing this now, I am giving an "if looks could kill" stare to a guy who seems to enjoy my blog layout and my two-finger typing.

Anyway, I will be back tomorrow. I can't concentrate with all these eyes around me.

No comments: